Those brand new Bluetooth headphones you bought don’t come with instruction for pairing with Mac? Believe it or not, this is the case with most headphones in the market. However, for the sake of Mac users, we have come out with a How To Pair Bluetooth Headphones With Mac Guide.
Follow this simple guide to connect your Bluetooth headphones with your Mac.
How do I pair a bluetooth device with my mac
So, usually, Mac will find your device automatically, that’s the easy way. Otherwise, you have to add the headphones yourself as a device. Let’s explain the easy way first. (Source)
- Start by clicking the Apple logo in the top left angle. This will open a list of options, you’ll pick System Preferences, which leads you to a new window.
- Find and click the Bluetooth icon. Now, you have a new window which shows if Bluetooth is turned on, and the devices available for pairing. Turn on Bluetooth if it’s turned off.
- Now, we move on to the headphones. Start by turning on your headphones. Then, locate the Bluetooth button. Click and hold the Bluetooth button, until it says that it’s ready to pair.
- When your headphones are ready to pair, they will show up on the Bluetooth window that you opened on your Mac. Select the headphones and click pair with the device.
That should be it. Now you can listen to music on your Mac. Let’s see the not as simple way.
Mac can’t find bluetooth headphones
As I said, if Mac’s Bluetooth won’t find your device automatically, you’ll have to do it your way.
- Start with the same steps as before, go to System Preferences, open Bluetooth, and turn it on.
- Look for a ”+” sign in the Bluetooth window, if you can’t find it, click on Advanced Settings. Now, locate and open the Add a new device option.
- Now, you have to choose what kind of device you will be adding, select Headphones. This will tell the Mac to look for Bluetooth headphones.
- Same as before, we move to the headphones. Turn them on, click and hold on the Bluetooth button until it’s ready to pair.
- Your Mac should be able to recognize your headphones as a device now, click on the headphones to activate the pairing. Once done, click Finish.
That’s it if these 2 ways don’t work for you, the problem is something else. I recommend reading this guide(enter link here for the post from the trial job)
Bluetooth device not showing up on Mac
Even though everything should be okay with Bluetooth’s device settings, there are somethings that could be wrong.
Mac’s Bluetooth is discoverable
Sometimes, the Bluetooth on your Mac will be set to not be visible to other devices. This will prevent your device to pair up.
You can turn this option from the Advanced Settings in the Bluetooth window.
Have you upgraded your OS?
This will be a problem only if you upgraded your OS after pairing up the headphones. Your Mac will show the headphones as a device, but they won’t work.
To fix this you need to remove the headphones as a device from your Mac. Then, add them again by following the guide above.
Select headphones as a sound output device
Your Mac should set the headphones as the sound output device once you connected them. However, if another device is interfering, you may have to do it manually.
Go to the Sound settings via System Preferences, and select your headphones as the output device.
You can set them as the default sound device if you want to avoid this issue in the future. When you disconnect them, your Mac will switch to the previous output.
Well, that’s about it. Enjoy using your headphones. Make sure to try everything we went through if you are having trouble connecting. Keep reading, if you are a Bose headphone user.
How to connect Bose wireless headphones with Mac?
As I’m sure most of you know, Bose products are one of the best headphones out there. Recently, users complained about their Bose wireless headphones not connecting to Mac. Some even went so far, they were asking for a refund.
If you are asking yourself, if Bose headphones can be connected to a Mac, the answer is yes. Of course, that’s an available option, after all, these headphones can be quite expensive.
The solution is very simple, it’s the same as the one above. Read the following guide, and your headphones will be ready in a second.
Turn on the Bose headphones and the Bluetooth from your Mac. Don’t worry Bose headphones are visible by default.
Your headphones should show up on the Bluetooth window from your Mac. Click to pair the device, and you should be good to go.
Both the Mac and the headphones will signal you that you’ve successfully paired both devices.
If your Mac can’t find the Bose headphones as an available device, you need to turn Bluetooth on from your headphones.
Depending on what kind of Bose model you have, hold the Bluetooth button until it’s on or push the Power button upwards to the Bluetooth icon.
Once you have done that, your Mac should recognize the Bose headphones as an available device.
If you are experiencing problems while connecting your headphones, make sure you read the whole guide from the beginning.
That’s all for Today kind readers, I hope I helped you with your issues. If not, at least you learned something. Have fun with your headphones.
Not only do headsets help you physically, but it also increases your work productivity. Using headset at home while working also helps you focus. It guarantees the best listening experience and...
Are you interested in buying over-ear headphones? Or, you can't decide between earbuds and headphones? You're often in a loud environment so you want headphones that will cancel out noise. Well,...